So, towards the end of the year I had been feeling like I was in a rut. The wheels were spinning, but I felt like I was going nowhere.
Does this sound like you?
Here are some suggestions to help jumpstart the New Year:
- Give yourself credit for the small things you do
2) Don’t tell yourself that you need to complete your list of tasks all in one day. Choose the top 2 – 3 items
3) Don’t think of a task in the “Big Picture” kind of way. Break it down. Believe me – It may really put your mind at ease
4) Write down the positive things you do w/in a day. Remember to read it over at the end of the day
5) Take some “ME” time – No excuses (even if it’s 20 mins.) How can you be good to anyone else if you’re not good to yourself? Play music, do some deep breathing exercises, write in a journal, start reading the book that has been sitting on your dresser (guilty)
6) Ask someone close to you to help keep you accountable. Always good to check in with a trusted source. This tends to be a very motivating decision
7) And I will leave you with this – Ask for help – No One will know you need help if you don’t ask for it. Do not beat yourself up. You may be surprised how useful this tip is
I’d love to hear from you on this. Now go get ’em….